Sunday, October 11, 2009

Is the Starbucks experience lost?


As an avid Starbucks patron, some would argue coffee addict, I have noticed a degree of downward delta in the experience. Most recently, the Via campaign has incited for me reservations on the state of Starbucks. How does instant coffee fit with the image of a coffee chain once set on bringing the European coffee experience to American consumers? How will this latest product addition change that experience?


I have no issue with the offering of instant brew. In point of fact, it offers a great deal of variety to the mélange of choices ever-present in coffee houses. The imbiber is now empowered to control the strength of their individual cup o’ java. Instant coffee has been a cultural staple the world around; nonetheless, I wonder how will it affect our increasingly instant culture. At one time, people took the time to sit and mutually enjoy coffee. For now, I’ll take my time and be true to the brew.


To see Starbucks' Via commercial click here.



BTG

No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails