Wednesday, May 25, 2011

Article of Affection: My Double Monks


Yes, these are the much discussed Sid Mashburn Double Monk straps made by Alfred Sargent.  Yes, they are mine.  Yes, I love them.  No, I don't sleep with them on my feet.  I procured them in late January this year to mark the conclusion of a very significant program I completed at work.  They feel as good on my feet as it does to know that program is over.  I have long been fascinated by monk strap shoes especially the clean simplicity of their design combined with their unique functional charm.  My father introduced them to me when we were on vacation in England and Ireland.  There I acquired a pair of Church & Co. tan brogue monk straps until my foot sadly grew.  If those shoes ever cross my path, there won't be a hesitation.  Having seen the post on A Headlong Dive, it occurred to me I needed to share this purchase here.  

The Pavlovian Response may have had me at this point.

Fresh from the box.


Unlike Mr. Simmons of AHD, I did not call Sid Mashburn to place my order, but instead joined Taigan, where Sid Mashburn has an online store.  After placing my order, the genial and obliging gents at Sid Mashburn called me to confirm my order.  They wanted to make sure I would be satisfied and had ordered the correct size, which was a half size down per their recommendation.  The purchase has been more than satisfactory.  Perhaps the only issue is it left me wanting more...

The initial shine to protect them with my go to penny loafers bottom right.

More on the belt and shades later.

Despite the current trend to leave shoes in disrepair, I will be taking care of these excellent shoes for many years to come.  The shoes were made by Alfred Sargent in England.  The company's blog has many brilliant pictures of their quality products.  Without question, I will go back to them for more.  Mine are breaking-in nicely.  I love wearing them with just about anything.  They always attract a comment or approving glance from the well turnedout.  Classically styled quality footwear will always get the job done.

BTG

1 comment:

  1. You look amazing! I'm obsessed with those shoes, I have to get them for my husband like yesterday!

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails