Saturday, April 17, 2010

Contemplations

Gratitude to Google


Ferris Bueller had it right, "life moves pretty fast.  If you don't stop to look around every once in a while, you might just miss it."

Upon Reflection of recent days reserved for restoration of mind and body, I've come to realize that has not actually happened.  Days have been filled with endless list making and box checking.  I must be doing something wrong.  The particulars have amassed tremendous proportions from neglect.  We have all been overworked or busy to the point of letting things fall by the wayside.

How can I keep up with it all? Mobile devices don't seem to help, but rather further hinder your ability to accomplish tasks without interruption. They bring the worst side effect of all: inability to disconnect and shut off. I am all for the added productivity and enjoy the benefits of connectivity, namely the genius of Google anywhere.

So I suppose the answer is that you don't keep up with it.  Life is imperfection done well.  Learn to like it!  Thus, I decided on a few days ago no more box checking for me. It's R&R from here on out.

BTG

1 comment:

  1. I have become a daily listmaker and blogger too. This post resonated with my feelings on the subject. I have been playing the uke for 5 years and your title reminds me of an uncle, a fine presidential candidate, and several old-fashioned ukers too. I keep a log of non-uke blogs at the very bottom of my blog page for reflection and I am going to add yours to it.

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails